Free School Meals
What is Free School Meals?
The school gets extra funding for every child registered as eligible for a free school meal if their parents receive benefits. The school uses this money for activities including art therapy, booster classes, educational trips and after school clubs.
The qualifying benefits are:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (IRESA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which does not exceed £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit.
If you meet the criteria you can apply by:
- Downloading the free school meals application form (.pdf, 1.07MB) and posting it to the address on the form
- Contacting Brent’s admissions team on 020 8937 3110 for a paper copy of the application form which they will post to you.
Brent Council will ask for proof of child benefit to be provided if this is your first application for free school meals.
Eligibility for free school meals will not be backdated, so ensure you apply as soon as possible.
You must tell Brent Council immediately if you stop receiving your benefit.”
For further information regarding lunch payments using parentpay please see website https://www.parentpay.com/who-we-are/about-us/what-we-do