Last Day of Term: Thursday 20th December
- Pupils will be dismissed early - from 12:30pm
Key dates for January 2019
- Monday 7th & Tuesday 8th- teacher training day
- Wednesday 9th January-
- Parent review day for years 7-10 (appointments times have been sent out)
- First day back for year 11- normal school day
- Thursday 10th January- first day back for year 7-10
If you are unsure of your parent review day time then please email email@example.com
The Elvin staff wish you all a lovely break during the Christmas period.
Year 11 Geography trip to Amersham 13th October 2017
Our year 11 Geographers visited Amersham with the aim of conducting environmental quality surveys and ultimately evaluating how environments differed between rural and urban settlements. During the trip we also studied the river Misbourne to ascertain whether this river fit with Bradshaw’s model of river change. We calculated the width, average depth and velocity of the river at different points and considered the human impacts on the river to aid our investigation.
The pupils were exceptionally well behaved and returned to school with a better understanding of a rural environment, but also the impact humans have on the natural landscape of our region.