Charging and remission
Ark Elvin Academy will not charge for:
- Education provided during school hours
- Education provided outside school hours if it is part of the National Curriculum, or part of a syllabus for a prescribed public examination that the pupil is being prepared for at the school, or part of religious education;
- Tuition for pupils learning to play musical instruments if the tuition is required as part of the National Curriculum, or part of a syllabus for a prescribed public examination that the pupil is being prepared for at the school, or part of religious education;
- Entry for a prescribed public examination, if the pupil has been prepared for it at the school;
- Admission applications to our academies;
- Examination re-sit(s) if the pupil is being prepared for the re-sit(s) at the school, except where the request for the re-sit is made solely by the parent and not the academy.
We recognise the valuable contribution that additional activities, including clubs, out of school trips, residentials and experiences of other environments, can make towards students’ all-round educational experience and their personal and social development.
Ark Elvin Academy reserves the right to make a charge in the following circumstances for activities organised by the academy:
- School trips and residentials in school time: the board and lodging element of the residential experience and outdoor pursuit courses;
- Activities outside school hours: the full cost for each student for journeys, trips and overnight stays in the UK and abroad which take place at weekends and during holidays, which are deemed to be optional extras;
- Materials: the cost of materials or ingredients for subjects where parents have indicated in advance that they wish to own the final product;
- Acts of vandalism and negligence
- Examination fees
Full details of our charging and remission policy are available to download below