Year 9 Pathways Evening Wednesday 23rd January 5pm to 6pm
The Year 9 Pathways Evening will take place on Wednesday, 23rd January at 5pm. Please use the Student Services entrance.
University and careers
We want all of our students to be able to attend university or progress directly to their career of choice. Students are given tailored, one-to-one support for their applications through the Head of Sixth form, as well as dedicated support from members of our senior leadership team. Our staff have significant expertise and knowledge of the most competitive course and institutions. Students also receive support from partner organisations such as IntoUniversity to support their UCAS applications and from our onsite careers service.
External speakers and organised visits add depth to students’ preparations for their next steps to university and/or their career of choice. We organise regular speakers from universities and a range of professions, such as accountancy, law, journalism and finance. We also welcome input from the National Careers Service to ensure our students are as well informed as possible. The sixth form tutorial programme provides regular sessions on preparation for university and life after school, as well as application support and interview skills.
Every Year 12 student is given the opportunity of a work placement, arranged through the Ark network and/or Access, a London-based work experience provider. In 2016, our students secured placements at high profile organisations including the BBC, Bloomberg, AXA, Twitter and PA Consulting.
We also support student applications for community volunteering placements, and facilitate in-school opportunities for students to act as mentors, translators and Library assistants – Ark Elvin has a huge commitment to helping students build and develop their employability and work readiness.
A wide range of other enrichment opportunities are also on offer. All sixth form students participate in our Debating Club to support the development of their public speaking skills, while a range of sport, music and drama clubs are available for sixth form students to participate in, and to lead.
Destinations of last years sixth formers:
88% attended University, the remaining 12% went travelling overseas.
The average grade achieved by pupils last year was 4.55 meaning that the average was a high D.
Retention of pupils in year 12 into year 13 was 49%.