Free School Meal Eligibility

You may be eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of the following supports:

  • Income Support (IS)
  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which does not exceed £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)


Applying For Free School Meals (FSM)

Please check your eligibility and apply using the link below:

Eligibility for free school meals will not be backdated, so ensure you apply as soon as possible. Please ensure that you enter the correct information for your application to be processed. Failure to do this may delay your application.

You will receive an email to confirm the status of your application and if your child is entitled to FSM.

FSM entitlement gives your child access to a free breakfast and lunch each school day.

If you require any further information, please contact


NRPF FSM eligibility

The Government has announced it is now permanent the extension of FSM eligibility to those groups with no recourse to public funds (NRPF). These groups include, but may not be limited to children of:

  • Zambrano carers
  • families who have no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
  • families receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 who are also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction
  • a subset of failed asylum seekers supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Chen carers
  • families holding a BN(O) passport
  • spousal visa holders
  • work visa holders
  • student visa holders
  • those with no immigration status

With exception of those receiving support under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, your household income must be less than £31,500 p/a in London, and £28,200 p/a outside of London. Please view the guidance, here if you are unsure which of these locations you are in.

Please complete this application form to confirm your eligibility as NRPF. Send a scanned image of the completed form and evidence to or arrange an appointment at the school to bring these in person.