How we're keeping our pupils safe
All our strict safety measures remain in place to keep our community safe as we reopen our school. On their return to school we will train our children about these important measures so that every child understands how we are going to work together to stay safe.
- All staff and pupils will wear a mask in indoor communal areas unless they have an exemption. Masks do not have to be worn in classrooms.
- Strict social distancing: All staff must maintain a 2m distance from pupils, and all pupils must maintain strict social distancing with pupils from outside their bubbles especially at break and lunch time and before and after school
- Regular hand washing through the school day - using hand sanitiser when entering the school building and our classrooms and always encouraging good basic hygiene expectations
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the school day - we now have a team of daytime cleaners working across the school to keep our building clean and safe
- Well-ventilated classrooms - all our classrooms have mechanical ventilation which maintains a healthy level of ventilation throughout the school day - this will be enhanced with the physical opening of classroom windows and doors
- Separate entrances to the school building, strict year group zoning and class base rooms, separate lunch times for different year groups and a staggered end to the school day will keep our year group bubbles separate and reduce the contact your child has with other children outside their bubble.