All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- Black blazer with silver trim and academy logo
- Purple fine knit v-neck jumper: grey stripe and logo
- School Tie
- White shirt
- Black trousers or skirt
- Black socks or tights
- Black shoes (no trainers or high heels)
- Bookbag/Rucksack with academy logo
- White polo shirt with academy logo
- Grey jumper with academy logo
- Black shorts
- Thick black leggings
- Plain grey tracksuit bottoms
- Trainers/plimsolls (no fashion shoes/pumps)
- PE drawstring bag with academy logo
Purchasing school uniform
Uniforms can be bought from Ace Clothing.
They are located at 5a Courtenay Road, East Lane Business Park, East Lane Wembley, HA9 7ND.
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. We use donated school uniform in two ways:
- We donate them to pupils who are not able to wear the correct uniform due to hardship.
- We use them as loan items where a pupil is missing an item of uniform.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located at Student Services. Please go to Student Services if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but add unclaimed lost property to our loan stock.
Skirts must be black, knee length or ankle length and made from material suitable for professional dress. They must not drape on to the floor.
No leather, denim jackets or hoodies are allowed – these will be confiscated.
Hair, headwear and accessories
Hair must be of a natural colour.
No tramlines, Mohicans, extreme styling or hair or eyebrow designs.
Pupils are allowed to cover their head for religious or cultural reasons in academy colours only (black/purple/white/yellow) and without decoration or embellishment.
No jewellery can be worn at any time, apart from a watch (no sound effects, games or smart watches)
Hair accessories must be black and modest.
No makeup, false nails or coloured nail varnish.
Body piercing is prohibited, with the exception of single, standard stud nose piercing or studded piercings on the ear lobe. No other forms of body piercing will be allowed for any pupil including hooped earrings. Pupils are not allowed to have tattoos of any kind on their body.
Every day, pupils must bring to school with them:
- Exercise books needed for that day
- Pupil planner – This will be provided to pupils on the first day of school. Replacement planners can be purchased at Student Services for £4.
- Reading book
- Clear pencil case with two blue or black pens, a green pen, two highlighters, two pencil sharpeners
- Ruler, calculator and maths equipment
- We also encourage pupils to have a water bottle
Ark Elvin branded pencil cases can be purchased from Student Services.